Social Personality Exploration
Helpers tend to be outgoing, friendly, helpful, understanding and insightful. You may be the first person to volunteer to help someone in need. You’re likely the go-to for your friends who need advice or a listening ear. You tend to enjoy group dynamics and prefer working with people rather than things. People with this personality type are often drawn to helping professions where they can make a difference in people’s lives.
Common Characteristics of a Social Personality
- You are social, responsible and humanistic.
- You are an excellent communicator—verbally and interpersonally.
- You are concerned with the welfare of others; people are drawn to you.
- You dislike highly structured situations preferring to work in groups, where you enjoy activities that heal, develop, train or enlighten.
- Your friends may describe you as idealistic with a strong faith affiliation.
Below are some career clusters where Social personalities thrive.
- Education and Training
- Government and Public Administration
- Health Science
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
- Marketing, Sales and Service
No matter what your major is at MSUM, you will succeed here and beyond! Within one year of graduation (Class of 2019-2020):
Explore Social MSUM Majors and Find the Right Career for You
Below are majors and emphases, minors or certificates related to the Social career cluster. Explore those that interest you to learn about the benefits of that major, careers and outcomes, and learning opportunities. This list is not all-inclusive; there may be majors that pique your interest that aren’t necessarily in the Social cluster. We encourage you to explore all of MSUM’s majors, emphases and options.