Mission, Vision & Values
Founded as a normal school for teachers, MSU Moorhead is, and always has been, a place for transforming lives. We exist to help others shape their world. Our mission, vision and values are enduring and unwavering, guiding all that we do.
Our purpose, in its simplest and most idealistic form, is to transform the world by transforming lives.
Minnesota State University Moorhead is a caring community promising all students the opportunity to discover their passions, the rigor to develop intellectually and the versatility to shape a changing world.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are “scrappy” and resourceful.
- We have big goals and the tenacity to achieve them.
- We have the courage to do what’s right.
- We’re all on the same team and everyone’s role is important.
- We seek the best ideas and know they can come from anywhere and anyone in our campus community.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We go the extra mile for our students and each other.
- We are passionate about our purpose.
- We are fiercely loyal to MSUM.
OUR STRATEGIC ANCHORS
Strategy 1: Our Students.Focusing relentlessly on student achievement and students’ return on their investment.
Strategy 2: Our University.Creating a campus community that is diverse, inclusive, globally aware, and just.
Strategy 3: Our World.Being indispensable to the social, cultural, and economic advancement of Moorhead and the surrounding communities.
Strategy 1:We will focus relentlessly on student achievement and students’ return on their investment.
- Ensure student learning and achievement are at the center of our work
- Assess the effectiveness of our curriculum and pedagogy and make continuous improvement
- Engage students with the community in educationally purposeful ways
- Celebrate students’ outstanding achievement in academics, the arts, athletics, service, and leadership
Strategy 2:We will create a campus community that is diverse, inclusive, globally aware, and just.
- Create a campus community that reflects the diversity of society
- Ensure MSUM is accessible and welcoming to students and employees who have historically been under-served by higher education
- Create a campus culture that values and celebrates diversity of ideas, perspectives, and people
- Create a campus community that is just and equitable
Strategy 3:We will be indispensable to the social, cultural, and economic advancement of Moorhead and the surrounding communities.
- Attract and retain talent to Moorhead and the region
- Contribute leadership and expertise to address community issues and economic development
- Enrich the community through academic, athletic, arts, service, and leadership opportunities.