Mission, Vision & Values
Founded as a normal school for teachers, MSU Moorhead is, and always has been, a place for transforming lives. We exist to help others shape their world. Our mission, vision and values are enduring and unwavering, guiding all that we do.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are “scrappy” and resourceful.
- We have big goals and the tenacity to achieve them.
- We have the courage to do what’s right.
- We’re all on the same team and everyone’s role is important.
- We seek the best ideas and know they can come from anywhere and anyone in our campus community.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We go the extra mile for our students and each other.
- We are passionate about our purpose.
- We are fiercely loyal to MSUM.
OUR STRATEGIC ANCHORS
Strategy 1: Our Students.Focusing relentlessly on student achievement and students’ return on their investment.
Strategy 2: Our University.Creating a campus community that is diverse, inclusive, globally aware, and just.
Strategy 3: Our World.Being indispensable to the social, cultural, and economic advancement of Moorhead and the surrounding communities.
Strategy 1:We will focus relentlessly on student achievement and students’ return on their investment.
- Ensure student learning and achievement are at the center of our work
- Assess the effectiveness of our curriculum and pedagogy and make continuous improvement
- Engage students with the community in educationally purposeful ways
- Celebrate students’ outstanding achievement in academics, the arts, athletics, service, and leadership
Strategy 2:We will create a campus community that is diverse, inclusive, globally aware, and just.
- Create a campus community that reflects the diversity of society
- Ensure MSUM is accessible and welcoming to students and employees who have historically been under-served by higher education
- Create a campus culture that values and celebrates diversity of ideas, perspectives, and people
- Create a campus community that is just and equitable
Strategy 3:We will be indispensable to the social, cultural, and economic advancement of Moorhead and the surrounding communities.
- Attract and retain talent to Moorhead and the region
- Contribute leadership and expertise to address community issues and economic development
- Enrich the community through academic, athletic, arts, service, and leadership opportunities.