Secondary & K-12 Education
Secondary and K-12 Teacher Education Programs at MSUM offer candidates opportunities to develop content knowledge and pedagogical skills to meet the needs of diverse learners in 21st century schools. Baccalaureate degrees prepare candidates for licensure to teach in grades 5-12 or K-12.
Programs offered for grade 5-12 include:
- Communication Arts & Literature
- Earth Science
- Life Science
- Physics (9-12)
- Social Studies
Programs offered for K-12 include:
Middle level endorsements are available as add-on options in Communication Arts and Literature, Mathematics, Science.
Two special education offerings are available:
- Academic Behavioral Strategies (ABS) is an add-on license qualifying you to serve as a special education teacher for students with mild disabilities in K-12 settings.
- Minor in special education offers additional expertise to work with students with disabilities in classrooms.
Admission Requirements for Licensure Programs Teacher Education Licensure Requirements
Degree & Licensure Requirements
- English, Communication Arts & Literature
- Health & Physical Education
- Visual Arts