Secondary & K-12 Education
Secondary and K-12 Teacher Education Programs at MSUM offer candidates opportunities to develop content knowledge and pedagogical skills to meet the needs of diverse learners in 21st century schools. Baccalaureate degrees prepare candidates for licensure to teach in grades 5-12 or K-12.
Programs offered for grade 5-12 include:
- Communication Arts & Literature
- Earth Science
- Life Science
- Physics (9-12)
- Social Studies
Programs offered for K-12 include:
- Developmental and Adapted Physical Education (DAPE)
- Physical Education
- Teaching English as a Second Language
Middle level endorsements are available as add-on options in Communication Arts and Literature, Mathematics, Science.
Two special education offerings are available:
- Academic Behavioral Strategies (ABS) is an add-on license qualifying you to serve as a special education teacher for students with mild disabilities in K-12 settings.
- Minor in special education offers additional expertise to work with students with disabilities in classrooms.
Degree & Licensure Requirements
- English, Communication Arts & Literature
- B.S. Degree in Communication Arts and Literature Education
- Licensure in Communication Arts and Literature - Middle Level (5-8) Teaching Endorsement
- Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language
- B.S. Degree in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Minor in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Health & Physical Education
- Visual Arts
- World Languages