We help identify payment options that meet your needs. Pay now with cash, check or a credit card. Or, pay monthly using the Nelnet payment plan. Financial aid is also available if you qualify.
Do not mail cash; pay in person only
- Make checks or money order payable to Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Mail to:
- MSUM Business Services, 1104 7th Ave S. Moorhead, MN 56563
- Pay in person at Business Services
- Mail to:
- Student ID number must appear on the front of the check
- No post-dated checks
A fee of $30.00 will be assessed for each check returned as NSF, non-sufficient funds or if returned for any other reason (i.e. closed account).
By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night
- To get started, click or go to: flywire.com/pay/mnstate to begin the payment process.
If you have questions about making an international payment, visit flywire.com/help/questions.
Contracting with Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) allows you to pay your term bill in monthly installments and prevent late fees. Aid is applied directly to your bill. You do not have the option of receiving your aid in cash and using this method to pay your bill.
Payment Plan Benefits
- Easy online enrollment
- Flexible payment options
- No interest
- Automatic bank payment (ACH)
- Credit card/debit card (an additional fee maybe assessed)
Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and continue until paid in full.
Cost to Participate
- $24 nonrefundable enrollment fee per semester (ACH & credit card)
- $30 returned payment fee if a payment is returned
Simple Steps to Enroll in Payment Plan
- You or your parent can sign up with your StarID and password.
- Once logged on, select Bills and Payments under the Student eServices section.
- Then select Enroll in a New Payment Plan.
Payment Plan Enrollment Dates
Payment plan available on April 1, 2022. Full payments may be made through June 23, 2022.
Payment plan available on April 5, 2021. Full payments may be made through September 24, 2021.
Payment plan available on October 18, 2021. Full payments may be made through February 14, 2022.
NOTE: All down and full payments are processed immediately!
Nelnet Business Solutions customer service representatives are available 24/7.
Payment Plan Availability
Availability of the payment plan is determined by Minnesota State University Moorhead. Please be aware the university may elect not to have the payment plan available during specific times and dates during registration.
By completing registration for any semester, you agree to the financial responsibility for all charges on your student account. You promise to pay Minnesota State University Moorhead the full amount of the obligation by the due date. Furthermore, you agree to pay any and all costs, including collection, attorney, and litigation costs incurred by MSUM in efforts to collect, should you default on your account charges.
Each Student with a past due account will be sent a letter notifying them they have 20 days to respond or their account will be turned over to the Minnesota Department of Revenue-Collections Division.
Students who respond within the 20 day deadline will have the option to:
- Pay their account in full.
- Appeal the charges on their account, or prove it is not a valid obligation.
- Please read appeal guidelines to ensure eligibility.