18 Online Admitted Student
Please note: Consult with your hiring authority prior to registering in order to make certain courses will be approved for your credentialing status.
You may register anytime after you have received the email from the MSUM Graduate Studies Office confirming your admission has been finalized.
- Make sure you know your StarID username and password. You will use your Star ID to access your MSUM email, eServices, registration, and online courses.
- Register for classes on eServices. Register early to reserve your spot. Detailed instructions on how to register.
- Review the 18 Online Student Orientation Guide. It contains important information to get you started and should take only 20-30 minutes to complete.
- Complete SVPT course. If this is your first enrollment at MSUM, you have also been enrolled in the Sexual Violence Prevention Training course per State of Minnesota statute § 135A.15. The course is designed to provide sexual assault awareness training; it takes only an hour to complete; it must be completed during the first 10 days of the semester; and there is no charge for the training.
- Activate and access your MSUM email (Dragon Mail). Log in using your StarID. It's the official method of communication for all university-related business. All classroom and university correspondence will be handled through your Dragon Mail account from this point forward.
- Textbook Requirements and Reimbursement. Get the books that are required for your class(es). As an 18 online program student you may be eligible for textbook reimbursement from your district. Instructions are below.
- Other information on your campus ID, immunization requirements per State of Minnesota statute § 135A.14, and much more!
Reimbursement Instructions for Textbooks (MN teachers only)
For the 18 online program, we require that each Minnesota participant or their district order and pay for their own books and submit the expense voucher along with a copy of the itemized receipt to get reimbursed by the project.
The voucher and receipt can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Lakes Country Service Cooperative, Attn: Jolene King, 1001 E. Mount Faith, Fergus Falls, MN 56537.
Stipend (MN teachers only)
Minnesota Teachers that participate in the 18 Online program MAY qualify for a stipend of $500 per credit completed. Please complete the stipend form for 18 Online participants and return it to Jolene King.
You may drop (or withdraw from) a course(s) via eServices. If a course is dropped during the first week, it will be removed from your record.
After the first five days of the semester, you can still withdraw from the course but it will appear on your transcript as a withdrawal. Withdrawing from a course(s) means that you are no longer in the course but the course counts as "attempted" and a grade of "W" is given. MINNESOTA STUDENTS THAT WITHDRAW AFTER THE FREE DROP PERIOD WILL BE CHARGED $225.00 PER CREDIT BY LAKES COUNTRY SERVICE COOPERATIVE.
If you have questions about withdrawing from an 18 Online course, please contact the MSU Moorhead Graduate Studies advisor.