18 Online Course Registration
Please note: Consult with your hiring authority prior to registering in order to make certain courses will be approved for your credentialing status.
You may register anytime after you have received the email from the MSUM Graduate Studies Office confirming your admission has been finalized.
Below is instructions on how to register for class when your registration window is open.
Course registration requires a StarID and password.
If you have not yet set up your StarID:
- Visit mnstate.edu/starid
- Click "activate your StarID"
- Open a web browser; navigate to mnstate.edu/eservices
- Click Student Login
- Enter your StarID
- Enter your StarID password
- Click Courses & Registration
- Click Search for a Course
- Select a Subject or enter a Course Number
- For more search options, click Expand/Collapse for Advanced Search
- Click on course title for details
- Click the plus symbol to add course to Wish List
- Repeat steps 8-12 to add additional courses
- Click Review My Plan to edit Wish List
- Click the empty check boxes to select courses
- Choose to Register or Remove courses with checked boxes
- Enter your Access Code and Password, then click Register
*Graduate and 18online students do NOT need an access code
- Click View/Modify Schedule to edit schedule
If you have trouble registering please check out Common Registration problems.
Add to yourself to the course waitlist:
- Log into eServices.
- Go to Courses & Registration
- Click Search for a Course
- Find the semester and course you would like to enroll
- When a class is full and has a waitlist option the "Waitlist Icon" will be black and the "Add" icon will be grayed out and not available.
- Click on the "Waitlist" icon.
- On the next screen, click on the "Submit" button.
- You will then get a message that you have been added to the waitlist.
- If a seat opens up eServices will notify the student in the #1 waitlist position that there is an available seat for them to register.
- The student will have 24 hours after being notified to register for the course.
- If the student does not register within the 24 hour time frame, the next student on the waitlist will be given the open seat.
If you would like further information about the registration process go to the MSUM Registrar’s Office.
Dropping or Withdrawing Course(s)
You may drop (or withdraw from) a course(s) via eServices. If a course is dropped during the first week, it will be removed from your record. Refund of Tuition & Fees
After the first five days of the semester, you can still withdraw from the course but it will appear on your transcript as a withdrawal. Withdrawing from a course(s) means that you are no longer in the course but the course counts as "attempted" and a grade of "W" is given.
If you have questions about withdrawing from an 18 Online course, please contact the MSU Moorhead Graduate Studies advisor.