Admitted Graduate Student
Recently admitted? Here are recommendations for your next steps …
Congratulations! You’ve been admitted to Graduate Studies at Minnesota State University Moorhead, where our purpose is to Transform the World by Transforming Lives.
The mission of Graduate Studies is to promote excellence in research, advanced career preparation and professional development. Admission to the graduate program means you recognize the importance of being a life-long learner. We are committed to providing you with a quality graduate education and we look forward to welcoming you to our community of learners.
- Meet with your assigned advisor. The name of your advisor is on your acceptance email. If you are uncertain, please contact the Graduate Office and we will give you contact information. We strongly recommend that you contact your advisor soon after your admission to determine the appropriate courses for your first semester.
- Register for classes on eServices. eServices is where you will need to register for classes, check your grades, add and drop classes, pay your tuition, etc.
- Sign up for Dragon email. It's the official method of communication for all university-related business. You'll receive financial aid award notifications, tuition and fee due dates, class cancellations and other important information through this account, so you'll want to check it frequently.
- Required SVPT Training. If this is your first enrollment at MSUM, you have also been enrolled in the Sexual Violence Prevention Training (SVPT) course per State of Minnesota statute § 135A.15. The course is designed to provide sexual assault awareness training; it takes only an hour to complete; it must be completed during the first 10 days of the semester; and there is no charge for the training.
- Immunization. Immunization requirements per State of Minnesota statute § 135A.14. Information regarding immunization requirements is available on the Registrar's Office webpage
- Financial assistance. Financial aid and scholarships can help make your MSUM education more affordable. Check out the graduate student financial aid process, determine if you're eligible for aid and get detailed instructions for applying for financial aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Payment dates and deadlines. The deadline for making arrangements to pay your tuition and fees is 15 business days before the semester begins. It's critical that you make arrangements to pay your bill; otherwise you'll automatically be dropped from your courses on the first day of classes. Review the Payment Dates webpage to view specific financial commitment deadlines and arrangement options. Make a financial commitment to pay your tuition and fees.
- Textbooks. You can purchase textbooks and course materials in person at the MSU Moorhead University bookstore, located in MacLean Hall, or online through the MSU Moorhead Bookstore website.
- Parking. If you plan to have a vehicle on-campus you will need a parking permit. Register for a parking permit using your StarID and Password.
- Dragon ID Card. Your Dragon ID Card provides access to many campus resources and events, such as the library, after-hours access to campus buildings, printing services, free or discounted admission to athletic events and activities and much more. Receive your Dragon ID Card by going to the Dragon Card Office.
Questions? If you still have questions or need more information, contact us or stop by anytime at the Graduate Studies Office. For questions directly related to your program of study, please contact your graduate coordinator or your assigned advisor.