Investigative Personality Exploration
Thinkers are often inquisitive, complex, curious, logical and cautious. You thrive on being challenged and solving problems others may give up on. You tend to be an astute observer who can easily and abstractly analyze a great deal of information before presenting the best ideas to solve a problem. You fix problems with your sharp mind.
Common Characteristics of an Investigative Personality
- You are an independent, task-oriented thinker whose introspection helps to solve complex problems.
- You thrive on ambiguity because you dislike repetitive tasks.
- You tend to be analytical, curious and reserved.
- You have great confidence in your intellectual abilities but sometimes think you lack leadership skills.
- You are the go-to for the most current, up-to-date technology.
Below are some career clusters where Investigative personalities thrive.
- Health Science
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
- Science, Engineering and Mathematics
No matter what your major is at MSUM, you will succeed here and beyond! Within one year of graduation (Class of 2018-2019):
Explore Investigative MSUM Majors and Find the Right Career for You
Below are majors and emphases, minors or certificates related to the Investigative career cluster. Explore those that interest you to learn about the benefits of that major, careers and outcomes, and learning opportunities. This list is not all-inclusive; there may be majors that pique your interest that aren’t necessarily in the Investigative cluster. We encourage you to explore all of MSUM’s majors, emphases and options.