Apply for Housing

Living, Learning & Dining

Housing is first-come, first-served - apply today! Check out our online Guide to Living, Learning, and Dining at MSU Moorhead.

In order to apply for housing online, you must first be admitted to the university. You will need your StarID username and password.

Please note: Contracts are for an entire academic year, except the spring only contracts. To make prepayment, click button below. If you are having trouble paying the prepayment online, please feel free to call our office at 218.477.2118 (M-F, 8am - 4:30pm) to submit over the phone.

What if a student chooses not to attend MSU Moorhead?

Any first-time freshman student that has been admitted to MSUM and decides not to attend MUST notify our office. Prior to check in, cancellation of a housing assignment must be submitted via online form to Housing & Residential Life.

I am an upperclass student who has applied for housing and have decided that I do not want to live on campus and/or will not attend MSUM next year, what do I need to do?

Prior to August 1, cancellation of a housing assignment must be submitted via online form to Housing & Residential Life. Please note: it is helpful if you cancel your assignment as soon as you are aware you do not need it as then it frees up your space for another student.

However, returning residents who applied for the Returner Special must cancel their housing contract on or before June 1, 2023 or otherwise be liable for entire room contract for 2023-2024 school year.

What is the duration of my License Agreement?

All housing agreements are for the full academic year. A request for contract release is required from any student who wishes to be released prior to the end of the academic year. Some circumstances are automatically approved (i.e. graduation, transferring); students meeting these criteria should fill out the online Approved Release of Contract form. Students who do not meet the approved criteria, must apply to be released from their contract; residents wishing to apply must visit the Housing & Residential Life Office in Ballard 120 for a form and instructions.

Pre-Term Contract Cancellation Request Approved Release of Contract