In order to be assigned a room in on-campus housing, a completely filled out and signed contract application, accompanied by the required $50 prepayment, must be received.
Fall 2023 Dragons: students are able to select their own room! Look for your email June 12 regarding your room selection period. Timeslots run June 16-23.
Applications and prepayments must be made in your housing contract.
- Roommate Groups must be completed by June 15; this can be done within your housing application.
- Summer room assignments will be made the first week of May.
- In most cases, current West Snarr second floor residents can continue living in the same room during the summer. To help ensure keeping your same room, complete your summer housing contract and submit to the Housing Office prior to May 1.
- If you would like to request a room change before Fall Move-In day, mid-semester or mid-year you can add yourself to the wait-list and one of our Room Assignment Coordinators will contact you if there is an opening that meets your request.
- LC Residents with complete roommate groups will be assigned a room on their Learning Community floor the week of June 1.
- To view your room assignment and meal plan, log back in to myHousing and select "Room Booking Info" in the top red menu bar.
Requesting a Room Change After Move-In
We offer Room Change Days during the second week of the Fall and Spring Semesters. Students with a housing assignment can request a room change via myHousing Forms. The Room Change Request form is always available; however, the request isn't instant. Students interested in making a room change should submit the form by 8am on Tuesdays.
How the Process Works
- Student designates their room type preferences (including roommate preference) in the Room Change Request form.
- Office staff may communicate with you via email regarding options if you did not specify a specific room.
- The Housing Office will send out the Approved Room Change via email no later than Wednesday 12pm. It is imperative that students check their email as this is how they will be notified.
- Students will begin moving on Thursday 2pm and complete it by Sunday 9pm.
While there is not a room change fee, if a student move to a more/less expensive room type, we will prorate the difference on their room charges for the remainder of the semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I swap rooms with another student? Yes, the two students who are swapping rooms can simply fill out the Room Change Form and indicate the swap in the comments.
- Can I get a single room? There are very few single rooms on the main campus. You may add your name to the Single Room Waitlist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Single rooms are assigned by gender on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Are rooms available throughout the semester for room changes? Yes! Students approved for a room change move and then their old room becomes available to others, so room availability is always changing.