Senior Year Steps
How Do I Become A Dragon?
Senior year is time to really figure out what you want from your college experience. Here’s how you’ll know if MSUM is the right fit for you.
MSUM has excellent visit options including Preview Days over MEA weekend in October. Check out our options to pick the visit that’s best for you.
- Visit with your Admissions Representative in your community. Attend college fairs near you.
- Minnesota College Fairs (MACAC, MnAC)
- North Dakota and South Dakota College Fairs (DACAC)
- Wisconsin College Fairs (WACAC)
- National College Fairs (NACAC)
Connect with your Admissions Representative to learn more about our campus community, academic programs and why we have #DragonPride at MSU Moorhead. If you aren't sure who your admissions representative is, please feel free to contact our office.
The earlier you apply to MSUM, the better. We are currently accepting applications for Spring 2021, Summer 2021 and Fall 2021. We do not have an application deadline, however, we encourage you to submit an application as soon as you are ready or at least three months prior to the start of the term you’re applying for.
High school graduation or completion of the GED, and one of the following are needed to be automatically admitted to MSU Moorhead:
- Cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) OR
- Rank in the Top 50% of your high school class OR
- Achieve a 21 or higher composite score on the ACT (SAT score equivalent: 1060)
- Submit your application for freshman admission online or by mail.
- $20 non-refundable application fee
- High school transcript*
- ACT or SAT scores** (optional)
* Please have your high school send an official transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admission at the time of application and a final transcript after you graduate.
**Send us your ACT or SAT scores using the following codes when taking your test:
- ACT Code: 2134
- SAT Code: 6678
Some students retake the ACT/SAT in order to meet our admission requirements or to earn an automatic academic scholarship. Check out our automatic admission requirements and scholarship criteria to determine if you should retake the ACT or SAT.
Send your scores to MSUM! ACT Code: 2134, SAT Code: 6678
We do not include the writing portion in SAT conversion calculation. You must subtract your writing score from the composite score before conversion.
Once we have received all application materials, your application will be processed within 10 business days. You’ll be notified via email and mail once a decision has been made.
Congratulations! What an exciting time to know where you’ll be attending college next year. We have everything you need to get you off to a good start.
- Check out the New Student Checklist
- Complete a Housing and Dining Contract
- Submit your FAFSA (school code 002367)
- Sign up for Student Orientation and Registration (SOAR), where you’ll register for your first semester of classes. Be sure to send us updated official transcripts with your final grades before you attend your registration session. This includes your high school transcript and any transcripts from PSEO or college coursework. If you are unsure, speak with your school counselor.
We encourage you to appeal the decision so we can get to know a little more about you and to help us put your life circumstances in perspective.
- Complete the Admission Appeal Form
If you’re denied admission you can appeal your decision by submitting two letters of recommendation and an appeal form though the Self Service Center. If you have any questions about this process, please contact your Admissions Representative.
- Get Started at M State
We encourage students who are not yet admissible to MSU Moorhead to attend Minnesota State Community and Technical College, (M State) or another community college to begin your academic program.
Our partnership with M State provides a seamless transfer process and the opportunity to live on MSUM’s campus as you’re attending M State, Moorhead.
- Application for 2021-2022 school year is available in October. Visit fafsa.gov for more info or contact MSUM’s Office of Scholarship & Financial Aid.
- MSUM’s FAFSA code: 2367
Apply for scholarships