A transcript is a chronological listing of a student’s Minnesota State University Moorhead courses, grades, GPA, transfer credit totals and degree(s).
These are obtained online by the student and do not include the signature of the Registrar or the school seal. If sending to a 3rd party, please verify if an unofficial transcript is acceptable for submission.
Current students or former students who know their StarID and password can view their unofficial transcript online by:
- Go to the eServices Sign-In
- Click on Student Login
- Enter your StarID and Password (click in the box "Display Name", which is below the password box if you wish to have your name appear on any documents when printing). Click on "Login".
- Click on "Academic Records" on left side menu.
- Click on "Unofficial Transcripts" on left side menu.
- Choose Chronological and click on "Get Academic Record". Your unofficial transcript will be displayed.
- If you wish to print this information, you can click on the pdf icon to print or use the print feature associated with your web browser.
Former students who have their Tech ID/Dragon ID, but have not activated their StarID will need to do the following:
- Go to StarID Self Service
- On the StarID Self Service page, click on "Activate my StarID" follow the steps for "I know my Tech ID (8 digit student ID)".
- Once you activate your StarID, go to the directions for current students above and view your unofficial transcript.
Former students who do not know their Tech ID/Dragon ID OR StarID, please contact the Registrar's Office for assistance.
Minnesota State University Moorhead official transcripts bear the Registrar's signature and are printed on Official MSUM Transcript Paper. The University seal is printed on the transcript.
If you need an official MSUM transcript sent to a Minnesota State College or University for admission purposes, that institution may be able to obtain your MSUM transcript free of charge. Please contact that institution directly for further information. If you need an official MSUM transcript sent to any of the University of Minnesota campuses or any other school, please submit a transcript request online.
Minnesota State University Moorhead has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide its online transcript ordering service. This service provides students with timely notices regarding their transcript request as well as order status history. Individuals who have both a major credit card and a valid email address can request an official transcript through this service. Credit cards will be charged only after orders have been processed. The cost of an official Minnesota State University Moorhead transcript ordered from the National Student Clearinghouse is $10.00 per transcript.
- Current MSUM students: National Student Clearinghouse Self-Service website
- Alumni and former MSUM students: National Student Clearinghouse website
(Type in Minnesota State University Moorhead for the school name.)
- Check Transcript Order Status National Student Clearinghouse
Transcript Delivery & Payment Options
PLEASE NOTE: The transcript fee is a contract for services with the National Student Clearinghouse. Fees collected from official transcript orders support the overall mission of maintaining a comprehensive, accurate academic record at MSUM, which includes, but is not limited to, transcript supplies and services as well as other services, staff, and technologies that directly and indirectly support students and alumni.
When requesting a transcript, please be aware of the following:
- Financial obligations - A transcript cannot be issued if a student has outstanding financial obligations to the university.
- Processing time is generally two business days, unless expedited service is indicated on the transcript order.
- Multiple transcripts sent to one recipient will be sealed in individual envelopes and mailed in one package. Transcripts must stay in sealed envelope to be official.
- End of semester grades – for transcripts to include the most recent grades, be sure to select “after grades” as the processing option.
- After degree is awarded – for transcripts to include the earned degree, be sure to select “after degree” as the processing option.
- Transcripts CANNOT be requested via email, phone, fax, or in office.