Admitted Transfer New Student Steps
As a transfer student you are not new to the college setting, but you are new to MSUM! Therefore, you will need to complete and/or be aware of the items listed below.
You were generated a StarID username when you filled out your admissions application online.Your StarID enables you to access eServices, which is where you'll register for courses, pay tuition, check grades, view transcripts and perform other vital tasks. It also provides access to many on-campus technology resources, such as WiFi.
- Action Required: Manage Your StarID username and password
Dragon Email is the official method of communication for all university-related business. You'll receive financial aid award notifications, tuition and fee due dates, class cancellations and other important information through this account, so you'll want to check it frequently.
- Action Required: Access your Dragon Email
A down payment, also referred to as a financial commitment, towards your tuition and fees must be made 15 business days prior to the start of the semester in order to stay enrolled in your courses.
- Action Required: Make a financial commitment to pay your tuition and fees.
Visit Registrar's Office for more information on immunization requirements.
- Action Required: Login to the Online Immunization Form using your Star ID and password and self report your vaccination dates.
Release of Student Information
Minnesota State University Moorhead is committed to the protection and confidentiality of student education records, adhering closely to the guidelines established by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - a federal legislation established to regulate access and maintenance of student educational records. Visit the Registrar's Office for more information.
- Action Required: Use your StarID and Password to complete the Release of Student Information
Emergency Contact Information
- Action Required: Use your StarID and Password to submit your Emergency Contact Information
As a part of MSUM's commitment to eliminate sexual violence in all forms, that commitment, all new students must complete the Sexual Violence Prevention Education training developed by Minnesota State system office. Any questions or concerns should be directed to the MSUM Title IX Coordinator.
- Action Required: Complete the Sexual Violence Prevention Education training in D2L Brightspace. Please note, you will not be able to access this training in D2L Brightspace until 2 weeks prior to the start of your first semester.
Your Dragon Card provides access to many on campus places, resources and events, such as the library, after-hours access to campus buildings, printing services, free or discounted admission to athletic events and activities and much more.
- First Year and Transfer Students
- Living in the residence halls - Submit a photo by logging in with your StarID and Password. You will be able to pick up your Dragon ID at your Drop ‘n Go or when you arrive for Dragon Welcome Week
- Not living in the residence hall - receive your Dragon Card at anytime by going to the Dragon Card Office.
- Online students - Request your Dragon Card after registering for classes.
After you register for your classes, you can purchase textbooks and course materials in person at the MSU Moorhead University bookstore, located in MacLean Hall, or online through the MSU Moorhead Bookstore website.
If you plan to have a vehicle on-campus you will need a parking permit.
- Action Required: Register for a parking permit using your StarID and Password.
The Veterans Resource Center helps students who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces to integrate into university life through counseling, GI Bill certifications, and other assistance.
- Action required: Contact the Veterans Resource Center if you are eligible to receive Federal military, veterans, or family member education benefits to assist you in receiving these benefits.