Admitted PSEO New Student Steps

As a new MSUM PSEO student the following three steps are essential for you to complete. The list following that are other items you should review and complete as needed.

Research shows that incoming students who live on campus earn higher grade point averages and are more likely to stay in school and earn their degrees. All freshman students are required to live on campus during their first year at MSU Moorhead and all students that live on-campus are required to have a meal plan. For information about on-campus dining, please visit the MSUM Dining Services page, and view meal plan options and rates on the Housing webpage.

We also offer new students the opportunity to join a Learning Community. You'll study with, attend classes alongside and live near other students who share a commitment to your major or have similar interests. Your Learning Community preference will dictate your building preference on the MSUM Housing and Dining Contract.

Immunization Records
Visit Counseling Services for more information on immunization requirements.

  • Action Required: Login to the Online Immunization Form using your Star ID and password and self report your vaccination dates.

Release of Student Information
Minnesota State University Moorhead is committed to the protection and confidentiality of student education records, adhering closely to the guidelines established by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - a federal legislation established to regulate access and maintenance of student educational records. Visit the Registrar's Office for more information.

Emergency Contact Information

As a part of MSUM's commitment to eliminate sexual violence in all forms, that commitment, all new students must complete the Sexual Violence Prevention Education training developed by Minnesota State system office. Any questions or concerns should be directed to the MSUM Title IX Coordinator.

  • Action Required: Complete the Sexual Violence Prevention Education training in D2L Brightspace. Please note, you will not be able to access this training in D2L Brightspace until 2 weeks prior to the start of your first semester.

Your Dragon Card provides access to many on campus places, resources and events, such as the library, after-hours access to campus buildings, printing services, free or discounted admission to athletic events and activities and much more.

Action Required:

  • First Year students - receive your Dragon Card at Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR).
  • Transfer students - receive your Dragon Card at anytime by going to the Dragon Card Office.
  • Online students - Request your Dragon Card after registering for classes.

If you plan to have a vehicle on-campus you will need a parking permit.

Accessibility Resources provides services and accommodations to students with documented disabilities and helps provide equal access for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.

The Veteran's Resource Center helps students who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces to integrate into university life through counseling, GI Bill certifications, and other assistance.

  • Action required: Contact the Veteran's Resource Center if you are eligible to receive Federal military, veterans, or family member education benefits to assist you in receiving these benefits.

A preferred name is a name an individual wishes to be known as if this name is different from their legal first, middle, and last name.

  • Optional Action Required: Learn more about and set a preferred name.