Admitted PSEO New Student Steps
As a new MSUM PSEO student the following three steps are essential for you to complete. The list following that are other items you should review and complete as needed.
You were generated a StarID username when you filled out your admissions application online. Your StarID enables you to access eServices, which is where you'll register for courses, pay tuition, check grades, view transcripts and perform other vital tasks. It also provides access to many on-campus technology resources, such as WiFi.
- Action Required: Manage Your StarID username and password
Dragon Email is the official method of communication for all university-related business. You'll receive financial aid award notifications, tuition and fee due dates, class cancellations and other important information through this account, so you'll want to check it frequently.
- Action Required: Access your MSUM Email
You will receive information from your admissions rep about scheduling an advising meeting with your academic advisor. If you have questions about preparing for advising and registration (This will take place in August for fall semester start/November for spring semester start) feel free to email the PSEO Coordinator.
Research shows that incoming students who live on campus earn higher grade point averages and are more likely to stay in school and earn their degrees. All freshman students are required to live on campus during their first year at MSU Moorhead and all students that live on-campus are required to have a meal plan. For information about on-campus dining, please visit the MSUM Dining Services page, and view meal plan options and rates on the Housing webpage.
- Action Required: Complete the MSUM Housing and Dining Contract if you plan to or are required to live on campus and/or have a meal plan.
We also offer new students the opportunity to join a Learning Community. You'll study with, attend classes alongside and live near other students who share a commitment to your major or have similar interests. Your Learning Community preference will dictate your building preference on the MSUM Housing and Dining Contract.
- Action Required: Complete the Learning Community Application if you plan to join a learning community.
Visit Registrar's Office for more information on immunization requirements.
- Action Required: Login to the Online Immunization Form using your Star ID and password and self report your vaccination dates.
Release of Student Information
Minnesota State University Moorhead is committed to the protection and confidentiality of student education records, adhering closely to the guidelines established by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - a federal legislation established to regulate access and maintenance of student educational records. Visit the Registrar's Office for more information.
- Action Required: Use your StarID and Password to complete the Release of Student Information
Emergency Contact Information
- Action Required: Use your StarID and Password to submit your Emergency Contact Information
As a part of MSUM's commitment to eliminate sexual violence in all forms, that commitment, all new students must complete the Sexual Violence Prevention Education training developed by Minnesota State system office. Any questions or concerns should be directed to the MSUM Title IX Coordinator.
- Action Required: Complete the Sexual Violence Prevention Education training in D2L Brightspace. Please note, you will not be able to access this training in D2L Brightspace until 2 weeks prior to the start of your first semester.
Your Dragon Card provides access to many on campus places, resources and events, such as the library, after-hours access to campus buildings, printing services, free or discounted admission to athletic events and activities and much more.
- First-Year Students - You will take your photo and receive your Dragon ID card at Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR)
- Transfer (On-Campus) Students - You can take your card photo and acquire your Dragon Card from the IT Help Desk located in the Livingston Lord Library, office #122.
- Online Students - You can request a Dragon Card from this page!
PSEO students receive textbooks and course materials free of charge through the MSUM Bookstore. These materials are on loan to PSEO students throughout the semester and MUST BE RETURNED to the MSUM Bookstore at the end of the semester. Any unreturned course materials will be charged to the student’s account. PSEO students WILL NOT be reimbursed for any textbooks or course materials they purchase. If a textbook you need is not available via the MSUM Bookstore contact Susan Koeppe at the MSUM Bookstore or the PSEO Coordinator and it will be made available. Please contact Susan Koeppe at the MSUM Bookstore for questions about PSEO materials.
If you plan to have a vehicle on-campus you will need a parking permit.
- Action Required: Register for a parking permit using your StarID and Password.
The Veterans Resource Center helps students who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces to integrate into university life through counseling, GI Bill certifications, and other assistance.
- Action required: Contact the Veterans Resource Center if you are eligible to receive Federal military, veterans, or family member education benefits to assist you in receiving these benefits.