Learning Communities Application
What you need to know before you apply
- Learning Community (LC) participation is an academic year commitment.
- A Learning Community fee of $150 per semester is applied to your student bill.
- There are a limited number of LC Fee waivers available each year. To apply, click the button below and you will be notified in June via email of your request.
- Waiver Application will reopen April 1, 2023 for the 2023-2024 Academic Year.
- The Learning Community fee covers admission to field trips or site visits; food at LC events; and access to a Learning Community Mentor.
- The fall fee will not be refunded if you change your major within the first semester or if you move off the LC floor to accommodate a new roommate request.
- If you change your major, please inform your Learning Community Mentor and fill out the Learning Community Change Request form (below).
- You can apply for a Learning Community (LC) through the same online application for housing.
- Log in with your StarID username and password.
What you need to know after you apply
- Applications received after June 15 will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. You may be placed on a wait list and/or your housing assignment may be changed.
- Your LC application will determine which residence hall you’ll be assigned to. Housing assignments will be made in June following Student Orientation Advising Registration (SOAR).
- Learning Communities and building locations are subject to change. Please check this website for the most current information.
- If you are placed in a Learning Community, you will be pre-registered for the LC common courses prior to attending SOAR.