Graphic Design, Writing & Advertising
Print and Digital Advertising
Marketing & Communications works with a media buyer to secure the lowest rates for university advertising and to assist in negotiating no-cost, value-added programs and media promotions. We will help target your efforts based on sound marketing strategy while aligning with the university brand. Traditional media may include print, TV, outdoor, and radio, while digital media include mobile, social media and Internet. Individual departments pay for advertising costs.
To seek advertising assistance, please submit a project request.
Graphic Design and Copywriting
We design materials according to MSUM brand standards and write a variety of content that reflects our voice. We are also happy to proofread any copy (text) for you.
Get started by – you guessed it! – submitting a project request.
Public Events (External)
The Marketing & Communications team is available to assist faculty and staff with the promotion of university events for prospective students, alumni and the general public.
Faculty/Staff Event Marketing Form
Please provide this information at least 30 days prior to your event.
Events for Students (Internal)
Student organizations are encouraged to promote their student events using this list of best practices and marketing resources.
Create a Communication Plan
- Gain clarity about the audience, expected attendance, goals and budget.
- Develop key messages.
- Identify communication channels, marketing tactics and timeline for promotion (at least 6 weeks).
Gather and create content
- Photos and videos
- Students and staff can utilize Adobe Express (log in with MSUM email address)
Add your event on Dragon Central and other community event calendars
- Make sure the day, date, time and location are all included and accurate.
Submit your item to Student News
Submit a design for the on-campus digital monitors
Share on social media
- Consider standard posts, Facebook or LinkedIn Events, Stories, Reels, etc.
- Be sure to include a visual.
- Use tags and hashtags strategically
- Tag @MSUMoorhead in Instagram or Facebook Stories. The Marketing Team may share your post on the main MSUM channels.
Consider a paid social media ad campaign
- Determine your audience, goals and budget.
- Boosting Facebook events can be a cost-effective tactic.
Create signage and printed items
- Posters for bulletin boards.
- Consider yard signs or sandwich boards.
- Partner with Housing to distribute mailbox stuffers.
- Table tents
Connect directly with potential attendees
- Set up a table in the Union or other high-traffic areas.
- Offer personal invites to people.
- Text, email, Teams messages.
- Encourage people you know with large social followings to help spread the word.
- Create/purchase tangibles (refer to the list of approved vendors).
- Create a cool, interactive campus installation.
Gamify attendance by holding contests or giveaways
- Free food always draws a crowd.