Use this to-do list to ensure that you complete all the tasks required for graduation at Minnesota State University Moorhead.
- Print the graduation application and degree audit, then schedule a meeting with your academic advisor.
- Obtain required signatures and submit the form to the Registrar’s Office.
Effective Graduation Spring 2020
Starting for Graduation Spring 2020 (May 2020 graduation) a non-refundable $30 commencement fee will be required for students planning to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Login to eServices using your StarID and password.
- 'Click Academic Records' 'Degree Audit'.
- Click on the link for your declared major to view and/or print your Degree Audit Report. If you have declared a double major you may have more than one DAR.
- Verify that your degree audit shows ALL requirements are completed (including in-progress courses that you will complete by the end of the semester).
- All Course Exception Forms should be submitted and processed in the Registrar’s Office.
- Degree requirements include:
- LASC requirements complete (includes 42 credits, minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA)
- Writing intensive requirements complete
- First Year Experience requirement complete (waived for students with 24 college credits)
- Major/Program requirements complete (minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA — some majors require a higher minimum GPA)
- 40 credits of upper division courses complete (300-400 level)
- 30 residency credits must be completed at MSUM
- At least 120 credits successfully completed toward degree
- Graduation with Honors (45 MSUM credit minimum. Honors only apply to first degree.)
- Cum Laude 3.4-3.59 GPA
- Magna Cum Laude 3.6-3.79 GPA
- Summa Cum Laude 3.8-4.0 GPA
- Information along with a participation card will be mailed one month prior to date of commencement.
- If you plan on participating in the commencement ceremony, you must return the completed participation card to the Registrar’s Office.
- If participating in the ceremony, purchase your commencement regalia (cap, gown, tassel) through the MSUM Bookstore. If graduating with honors, also purchase an honor cord.
Upon successful completion of all the teacher candidate requirements teacher education graduates should apply for a Teacher Education Licensure.
- Confirm your permanent address in eServices. This is where diplomas will be sent about eight weeks after graduation.
- Check for holds in eServices. Diplomas will not be sent if you have past due balance holds.
- Confirm your legal name in eServices. This is what will print on your diploma.
- Your major will not print on your diploma; only name and type of degree (BA, BS, BFA, MHA, MBA, BSW, BSN, SPEC)
- If you do not plan to participate in the commencement ceremony, you may pick up a diploma cover in the Registrar’s Office.
- Additional diplomas can be ordered online for $10 each.