Admitted Returning New Student Steps
As a returning student you are not new to the college setting but, you will need to complete and/or be aware of the items listed below.
You were generated a StarID username when you filled out your admissions application online. Your StarID enables you to access eServices, which is where you'll register for courses, pay tuition, check grades, view transcripts and perform other vital tasks. It also provides access to many on-campus technology resources, such as WiFi.
- Action Required: Manage Your StarID username and password
Dragon Email is the official method of communication for all university-related business. You'll receive financial aid award notifications, tuition and fee due dates, class cancellations and other important information through this account, so you'll want to check it frequently.
- Action Required: Access your MSUM Email
Your Degree Audit shows how your credits have transferred to MSU Moorhead and what requirements remain for you to graduate. This is the document your advisor reviews with you to help determine classes to register for each semester.
- Action Required: Review your Degree Audit
Students may submit their FAFSA, make a $300 prepayment, sign up for a payment plan, or submit a third party authorization. This needs to be completed 15 business days prior to the start of the semester in order to stay enrolled in your courses
- Action Required: Review your financial commitment options and take action
As a part of MSUM's commitment to eliminate sexual violence in all forms, that commitment, all new students must complete the Sexual Violence Prevention Education training developed by Minnesota State system office. Any questions or concerns should be directed to the MSUM Title IX Coordinator.
- Action Required: Complete the Sexual Violence Prevention Education training in D2L Brightspace. Please note, you will not be able to access this training in D2L Brightspace until 2 weeks prior to the start of your first semester.
Your Dragon Card provides access to many on campus places, resources and events, such as the library, after-hours access to campus buildings, printing services, free or discounted admission to athletic events and activities and much more.
- First-Year Students - You will take your photo and receive your Dragon ID card at Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR)
- Transfer (On-Campus) Students - You can take your card photo and acquire your Dragon Card from the IT Help Desk located in the Livingston Lord Library, office #122.
- Online Students - You can request a Dragon Card from this page!
After you register for your classes, you can purchase textbooks and course materials in person at the MSU Moorhead University bookstore, located in MacLean Hall, or online through the MSU Moorhead Bookstore website.
If you are a resident of North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin, you may need to submit an application to ensure you’re charged the reciprocity rate. Each state has a slightly different process, so please review what is needed and take action. If you’re a resident of a Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP) state, an application is not required. If you have questions about the rate, please contact the staff member on the webpage listed below.
- Action Required: Review reciprocity requirements and submit application, if needed.
If you plan to have a vehicle on-campus you will need a parking permit.
- Action Required: Register for a parking permit using your StarID and Password.
The Veterans Resource Center helps students who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces to integrate into university life through counseling, GI Bill certifications, and other assistance.
- Action required: Contact the Veterans Resource Center if you are eligible to receive Federal military, veterans, or family member education benefits to assist you in receiving these benefits.