Four Plus One Accounting & Finance Program
The Master of Science in Accounting and Finance is a fifth-year extension program providing a direct pathway from an accounting or finance bachelor’s degree to a master’s degree. You can apply to the 4+1 MS in Accounting and Finance in your junior year or early in your senior year.
In just five years, you’ll earn your undergraduate degree and an MS in Accounting and Finance. You’ll also be well prepared for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam or the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam.
During your senior year you may take up to three graduate courses. In your fifth year of study, you will be ready to complete the master’s program with the credits and skills needed to take the CPA or CFA exam.
Approval Process & Suggested Timeline
- A minimum of 105 completed undergraduate credits (senior status)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Approval of the graduate program coordinator
- Approved undergraduate students are allowed to complete three graduate courses (nine credits) which may be later applied toward credits needed for the Master of Science degree.
- Students should contact the Financial Aid Office to check the implications of being enrolled in graduate courses as an undergraduate student
- Apply to the MS in Accounting and Finance on the graduate webpage during senior year.
- More details on the MS in Accounting and Finance degree requirements are also available at the graduate website.