The Dean of Students Office is here to help support you with any personal circumstances that may upset your experience at MSUM. Contact us to schedule a one-on-one consultation about your success and what we can do to help you achieve your personal or educational goals. We manage student leaves and absences.
Navigating Student Absences & Leaves
Sometimes life happens and a student needs to be away from school, either a short period of time or an extended time. MSUM and the Dean of Students Office seek to support students during those times.
- Student Bereavement Leave Policy
Students who have lost a close family member can request up to 5 days of excused absence from school to be with family.
- Student Absence Policy
Students may request excused absences through the Dean of Students Office for the following reasons:
- Participation in recognized student organization activity;
- Short-term military requirements;
- Long-term illnesses or family or personal emergencies; or
- Jury Duty.
- Request for Student Leave
Mental Health Emergencies
- Counseling Services
- Learn to Live
An online coaching platform that is free to MSUM students. Start today by visiting https://www.learntolive.com/partners and enter MSUM.
- Returning to campus from a mental health emergency