Case Management Services
The MSUM Dean of Students Office often meets with you when you are experiencing challenges in your life that may affect your success at MSUM. We serve as a resource hub for both on- and off-campus resources. We are happy to meet with you to discuss what has been happening and how we can help ensure your success at MSUM.
We believe that it is important for students to have the ability to advocate for themselves, which is an important life skill. There will be times when the Dean of Students staff members will incorporate self-advocacy skill building into our discussions with students.
It is important for students to:
- Learn how to speak up for themselves
- Make their own decisions about their life
- Learn how to get information so that they understand things that are important to them,
- Find out who will support them in their journey
- Know their rights and responsibilities
- Problem solve
- Listen and learn
- Reach out to others when they need help