How do I apply as a Veteran or Military-Connected Student?
The steps for military-connected students and veterans is easy, but if you need help, please contact your Admission Representative or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and we will help you. All Veteran and military-connected students should consult with your installation or state military education office to discuss your benefits eligibility and then complete the MSUM application process.
Steps for Military Admissions
- Consult with your installation or state military education office to discuss your benefits eligibility.
- Next contact our MDVA Veterans Education Representative Aaron Johnson to discuss application of your benefits at MSUM.
- Apply to MSUM as a freshman, transfer student or graduate student. Indicate that you are a service member, veteran or military-affiliated on your application.
- Your application fee is waived as a veteran or military-connected student.
- If you are applying as a transfer student or transferring credits, make sure you check out how your credits will transfer options.
- Your admissions representative will connect with you and talk about next steps.
- Once we receive all application materials, MSUM will process your application within 10 business days. We’ll notify you via email and mail of your admission decision.
- Once you have you have received your admission decision, you need to accept your admission.
- Go through the new student check list and sign up for Student Orientation, Registration and Advising to meet with your advisor and register for courses.
- Complete your request for certification form.
- Submit your Certificate of Eligibility to the VA certifying official.
Please contact us at anytime if you need help or have questions.