Red River Psychology Journal Submission Guidelines
Submission guidelines for the Red River Psychology Journal.
Research must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The work must represent your own, original research carried out under the supervision of an MSUM faculty member
- The project must be approved by the MSUM Institutional Review Board
- The primary student author must be an undergraduate psychology major or minor (or graduate in the School Psychology Program)
- Seniors or recent graduates have one year to submit previous undergraduate research
Manuscripts must be submitted in the following manner:
- All manuscripts to be submitted as .docx files electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manuscript must be APA style and include title page, abstract, literature review, methods section, results and discussion, references, and appropriate appendices.
- Manuscript must represent completed project; no proposals or literature reviews only.
- Include a cover letter identifying title, all authors, contact information and academic standing for primary author, faculty supervisor, and date of IRB approval
- Manuscripts are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Student authors will be notified by email within 4 weeks regarding status of manuscript. All manuscripts will be reviewed by at least one faculty and one student editor with decision to revise/resubmit, accept, or reject. Decisions of the editorial board are final. Authors whose manuscripts are accepted for publication will be required to complete a manuscript submissions waiver.
APA Guideline Resources
Institutional Review Resources