Professional Management Mentor Program
Engage in the Professional Community
An engaging mentor serves as a vital resource for a student’s leadership and professional development. The MSUM Professional Management Mentor Program connects undergraduate students with professionals who work in their career interest areas. Mentors share industry and civic experiences, personal and professional insights and strategies for success.
Industry mentors can help students develop greater self-awareness, provide honest and constructive feedback, expose them to global supply chain management, project management or operations management and other industry work environments, and encourage them to achieve goals.
As a mentee, students will be connected to an experienced global supply chain management, project management or operations management mentor who is eager to serve as a resource for personal and professional development. Their mentor may provide industry connections, advice and skill-building opportunities.
Our mission is to assist students who are approaching graduation to make a successful and informed transformation from college into the professional career environment.
The MSUM Professional Management Mentor Program includes training sessions, one-on-one guidance from an experienced industry professional and invitations to networking events. Participants will commit to these program specifications:
- Being involved for a minimum of two academic years (August – May)
- Participating in regular monthly one-on-one meetings
- Attending training sessions
- Keeping discussions confidential
- Enlisting the help of Professional Management Mentor Program Director, as needed
- Notifying the Professional Management Mentor Program Director of any changes in contact information