School of Art Scholarships
MSUM School of Art offers a variety of art, art education, art history and studio art scholarships for current and incoming students. Scholarships are listed below. Students can apply for university scholarships through the online scholarship application October 1-February 1.
This scholarship is open to current freshmen, sophomores and juniors with a studio emphasis in the School of Art.
Applicants must submit a digital portfolio.
This Scholarship is awarded to upperclass Art students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
This Scholarship is awarded to a full-time student who is an Art major with an emphasis in Ceramics.
This Scholarship is awarded to students who are juniors or higher and majoring in Art Education. Students must be U.S. Citizens and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Preference will be given to undergraduate students. Awards to graduate students will be based on financial need.
- The applicant must be a declared major in the School of Art and have at least one year left (two semesters) of their studies at MSUM.
- The student applying must have a 3.0 in MSUM School of Art coursework and a 2.75 overall GPA in MSUM coursework.
- The applicant must be enrolled full time (12 credits per semester).
- The applicant must have completed at least one introductory course and be currently enrolled in or have finished at least one art studio class at the 303 level or above.
- A student may receive no more than three years of awards from this scholarship.
- Current recipients of this scholarship must reapply each year if they wish to have continued support.
- Award winners will be chosen based on the quality of their artwork and the fulfillment of the application requirements.
- Recipients of this scholarship will be required to give a formal public presentation of recent work at the School of Art colloquium.
- Upload a digital portfolio.
- Upload a letter of application that includes a personal statement regarding your commitment to the study of art.
- Upload an artist statement.
The applicant must be a declared major in the School of Art with the intention of pursuing a degree in the Fine Arts.
- A letter of interest indicating your reasons for pursuing an art degree or career in studio arts.
- One or two letters of recommendation from an art professional such as your art teacher, mentor or other professional in the field of art.
- Upload digital portfolio.
Applicant must be a sophomore, junior, or senior at the time of receiving the scholarship. Art Studio majors must be successfully advancing to the next level in their major area of emphasis or have declared a BA: Art History degree.
- Upload a copy of your current transcript.
- Upload an Art History paper (if seeking a BA in Art History).
- Upload a digital portfolio (if seeking a BFA in Studio Art).
Students in the Graphic Design program who are in good academic standing.
No additional requirements needed
This Scholarship is awarded to full-time students who are declared majors in the Art and Design Department, with an emphasis in Ceramics or Sculpture.
This Scholarship is awarded to junior or senior students who are seeking a degree in Painting, Drawing, or Design. Students must demonstrate financial need. This Scholarship is merit based.