Share GIS Resources
The Center for Geospatial Studies offers human resources, equipment (GPS and UAS), facilities and access to Esri products to support MSUM faculty, staff and students and for use in collaboration with community partners.
Esri Licensing and Products
Our Esri site license provides access to Esri’s ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS Online (AGOL), an online collaborative web GIS. Membership in MSUM’s AGOL allows access to Esri’s maps and featured data, apps and training opportunities. Individual licenses are available for ArcGIS Pro, GeoPlanner, AppStudio, Community Analyst, and Business Analyst. Enterprise Instances of ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Portal support geospatial infrastructure needs such as housing and serving geospatial data and building a GIS-based Facilities Management System.
A GIS classroom in MSUM’s King Hall 216 hosts 16 HP Desktop workstations that are used in most geospatial courses and undergraduate work utilizing geospatial technologies. Software includes ArcGIS, ArcINFO for Desktop, Trimble Pathfinder Office, Surfer, SPSS, Minitab, and R. Estri’s ArcGIS for Desktop is installed in other campus labs. MSUM’s AGOL can be accessed from any computer using a web browser and member sign in.
- 12 iPads for mobile mapping, with Bluetooth GPS receivers, ruggedized field covers, and 2 6-iPad charging cases. Each iPad is loaded with Esri’s ArcGIS, Explorer, Collector, Survey123 and Snap to Map apps.
- 16 Garmin Etrex Handheld GPS Units
- 6 Trimble GEO 7X Receivers
- 1 Trimble GEO 6X Receiver
- 5 Trimble M3 Dr5 Total Stations
- 2 DJI Phantom 4 Advanced UA Systems
- 2 Pix4D software licenses