The Women’s Center is committed to empowering students of all genders as leaders and changemakers on our campus and in their communities. In addition to regular workshops and speakers throughout the year, we have partnered with the Career Development Center and the College for Business, Analytics and Communication to provide additional opportunities to build students’ confidence, salary negotiation and leadership skills.
American Association of University Women (AAUW)
Founded in 1881, AAUW is a national nonpartisan organization that advocates for laws and policies to ensure equity and end discrimination for women and girls. They have led the fight for pay equity and train women to negotiate for pay and benefits and to pursue leadership roles through their Start Smart and Work Smart Salary Negotiation Workshop curriculum.
MSUM is a university partner of AAUW, which offers a number of benefits to our students, staff and faculty members, including free e-affiliate membership. Other benefits and opportunities include:
- Attend Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops each semester
- Join the *NEW* AAUW student organization at MSUM
- Network at AAUW’s annual National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL)
- Volunteer with AAUW’s Fargo-Moorhead chapter
- Apply for scholarships, grants and awards