Speech Language Hearing Sciences Learning Community
You should live in this community if you are a declared Speech Language Hearing Sciences major. This community provides Speech Language Hearing Science majors with the opportunities to connect with faculty and other students who are not directly in the learning community, interact with the greater SLP and general F-M communities, and be part of the activities of MSUM Chapter of the National Student Speech-Language and Hearing Association. These opportunities directly impact student success and prepare students for a successful career. This community is located in South Snarr.
Learning Community Required Common Courses
- FYE 101: First Year Experience (1 credit)
- BIOL 104: Human Biology (3 credits)
- SLHS 101: Survey of Speech-Language-Hearing Disorders (3 credits)
- PSY 113: General Psychology (3 credits)
- SLHS 150: Observation of the Practice in Speech Language & Hearing Sciences (4 credits)
As a member of the learning community, you will...
- live with other students who have declared Speech Language Hearing Sciences as a major.
- take three classes with students who live on your floor.
- be able to participate in organized study groups for Learning Community participants.
- have an upper class SLHS student as a Dragon Mentor who is dedicated to providing you with various opportunities and academic support.
- learn how to navigate through your years as an SLHS student.
- be exposed to career options that you will have with an SLHS degree.
- interact with faculty members who are dedicated to helping you achieve excellence in the classroom and beyond.
- have the opportunity to learn more about and join the MSUM chapter of the National Student Speech-Language and Hearing Association (NSSLHA).
- be able to participate in various service projects that help charities in the local community.
- be invited to attend the Fall Semester Holiday party and End-of-Year banquet sponsored by NSSLHA.