Health & Wellness Learning Community
The Health and Wellness LC is designed for students interested in working in the healthcare industry. Students in this LC take a common course, “Intro to Health Professions,” where you will explore different health careers and the level of education needed to reach your goals. Students of any major can join this learning community. The location of this learning community is East Snarr.
Health & Wellness Learning Community Required Common Courses
- FYE: Health Professions related First Year Experience (1 credit)
- HLTH 110: Personal Health and Wellness (3 credits)
Exercise Science Majors
- HLTH 305: Introduction to Nutrition (3 credits)
Health & Physical Education and Health Services Administration Majors
- ED 205: Introduction to Education (3 credits)
- ED 294: Educational Psychology (3 credits)
- SPED 225: Individuals with Exceptionalities (3 credits)
- HLTH 330: Disease Prevention (2 credits)
As a member of the learning community, you will...
- Investigate career options related to the fields of athletic training, exercise science, health, and physical education
- Learn about possible volunteer options in your field to help you gain valuable skills
- Take courses with other students you live with which will allow you to form study groups