Pretax benefits can provide you with tax savings by allowing you to pay for your health and dental premiums, eligible dependent daycare, out-of-pocket medical, dental, and work-related transportation expenses with tax-free dollars. Contributions towards these accounts are taken from your paychecks before taxes are deducted, and since you pay less in taxes, your net income may be greater. BRI is the administrator for the state's pre-tax benefits.
Employees who are benefits eligible are also eligible to participate in pre-tax spending accounts. Please see the BRI website for the complete Flexible Benefits Plan Summary.
- Medical/Dental Expense Account (MDEA): This allows the employee to pay for certain medical and dental expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Dependent Care Expense Account (DCEA): This allows the employee to pay for certain dependent care expenses, such as child care, with pre-tax dollars.
- Transit Expense Account (TEA): The plan allows the employee to pay for qualified transportation expenses with money that is sheltered pre-tax.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA): The Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) allows an employee to be reimbursed for medical, dental, and vision expenses that are not paid by insurance.
- Carrier: BRI, Phone: 800-473-9595; Email: email@example.com
- More information can be found on the SEGIP Pre-tax Benefits webpage.
- Health Care Savings Plan (HCSP): The Health Care Savings Plan is an employer sponsored program that allows employees to invest in a tax free medical savings account according to their collective bargaining agreement. The funds in this account may be used as reimbursement for eligible expenses after separation from public employment.
- About your HCSP Video
- Plan Provider: MSRS Phone; 651-296-2761; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org