International Undergraduate Student Cost of Attendance
MSUM is one of the lowest priced residential universities in Minnesota. We are committed to delivering an affordable, high-quality education beginning with banded tuition: take up to 19 credits per semester for the price of 12.
The International Student Automatic Scholarship is awarded for all incoming international students. Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and contribute 10 volunteer hours to MSUM and/or Fargo Moorhead community in order to receive the scholarship beyond the first semester.
As international students who required an I-20 immigration form must be able to provide current financial affidavit and a bank statement indicating that they have the necessary funds to finance the costs associated with his or her education at Minnesota State University Moorhead. The student will need the I-20 form for their F-1 student visa interview.
International students who plan to join as exchange students must provide the sufficient funding documents according to their program if they wish to study at Minnesota State University Moorhead before the required DS-2019 form can be issued by the university. The student will need the DS-2019 form for their J-1 student visa interview.
All new entering freshman students are required to live on-campus. If you are 21 years or older or if you have already transferred 24 U.S. college credits you are not required to live on-campus. All other students are required to live on-campus.
Tuition 12-19 credits$3,816$7,632On-Campus Housing & Meals*$4,828$9,656$1,668$1,668Student Fees$661$1,322International Student Fee$125$250Books & Supplies$700$1,400
Tuition 12-19 credits$7,632$15,264On-Campus Housing & Meals*$4,828$9,656$1,668$1,668Student Fees$661$1,322International Student Fee$125$250Books & Supplies$700$1,400
- *The housing and meal costs are based on a double room and unlimited dining; other housing and meal options are available.
- The costs for books and personal expenses vary by each student, our Office of Scholarship & Financial Aid estimates $600-800 for books (annually) and $3,200 in personal expenses.
- Early move-in to dorms (for orientation, sporting events, etc.) will cost $15/day until the start date of housing contract. This does not include meals. Student is responsible for meals until meal plan start date. Average estimate for extra days for orientation, sporting events, etc. is $120 - $150.
- Students arriving in the U.S. for the first time: you cannot arrive earlier than 30 days prior to the "start date" listed on your immigration document.
- These figures reflect ESTIMATED undergraduate rates and actual cost may vary.
- You can view the breakdown of fees per credit.