International Student Life
MSU Moorhead and the Fargo-Moorhead community is a vibrant place to live and study. MSUM is located in Moorhead, Minnesota, and is separated from Fargo, North Dakota, by the Red River. The community is known as Fargo-Moorhead or just F-M. The Fargo-Moorhead area’s population is about 233,800 and is home to 29,000+ college students attending eight institutions of higher learning.
There are numerous clubs, organizations, events and other ways to get involved on campus and in the community. Check out all the events and organizations at DragonCentral. Don’t see what you are looking for? Create your own. Get involved.Meet people, make friends and gain leadership skills.
There is never a shortage of things to do in Fargo-Moorhead. And with four distinct seasons, there are many activities to do year-round (yes, even in winter!)
Some of our students’ favorite things to do that are close to campus and easy to access include:
- Joining intramurals or club sports on campus
- Visiting the Regional Science Center
- Exploring space in the MSUM Planetarium
- Playing at Thunder Road
- Checking out creatures at the Red River Zoo
- Watching movies at Safari Cinema
- Admiring local and national art at the Plains Art Museum