International Student Readmission Requirements
We welcome international students who have left Minnesota State University Moorhead for one or more semesters and would like to return. If you have earned credits at MSUM in the past and "stopped out" and would like to return, you are a returning student. This is not for students who were admitted and never registered for classes at MSUM.
In order for International Student Services (ISS) to review your readmission application, you will need to submit the following documents. The readmission process can take 7-10 business days.
- Complete the readmission application.
- Bank statement printed within the last three months with the same name as sponsor page in the amount of the undergraduate cost of attendance or more.
- If you are out of status (immigration) and have not been at another institution while in the U.S. you will need to fill in the out of status form. (This is if you do not plan to visit home to correct your status.)
- International Transfer Form (filled in if you are at another institution)
- Official transcripts from the other school if you are attending another college or university.
- Sponsor form and international student form
- If you have been in the U.S. but failed to maintain your immigration status, then you are out of immigration status. We are unable to issue you a new I-20 unless you return home to correct your immigration status or apply for immigration reinstatement (within the US). If you plan to return home to correct your immigration status, we will ONLY issue you the new I-20 once you have provided us with evidence indicating that you have returned home. Evidence: Passport stamps from your home country airport and airline tickets.
Please do not hesitate to contact International Student Services (ISS) for more questions and or concerns.