Student Academic Conference Student Presenter Instructions
Thank you for participating in MSU Moorhead’s 23rd Annual Andrew B. Conteh Student Academic Conference. I hope participating at the conference is a transformative experience for you. Below, you will find some instructions for your presentation.
First, it is important for you to check the presentation schedule on the SAC site. A number of changes had to be made, so double check the schedule on the SAC site.
Make every effort to attend the Keynote Speaker Session. This year, two very successful alumni are our keynote speakers. Sarah (Paulsen) Borgerding who is Advisor of Growth and Market Development at HealthPartners and Tomi Sayer who is Drug Hunter and President at Maestro Therapeutics after retiring from Merck Research Laboratories as Distinguished Scientist.
Be sure to visit the Meet the Employer event. There are nearly 30 companies participating this year. This is an excellent networking opportunity for you.
Lastly, be sure to visit other presentations.
Instructions for students with poster presentations:
- Each poster presentation will have a zoom link.
- Student presenters will create a zoom meeting for the time their presentation has been scheduled. For posters in Session I from 9:40am to 11:00am, Session II from 12:40pm to 2:00pm, and Session III from 2:10 to 3:30.
- Students are responsible for uploading the zoom link by April 14 by logging in to my.mnstate.edu/sac.
- Interested audience members will click on a zoom link and visit presentations.
- When someone enters the zoom room, presenters should be able to provide a short overview of their project and answer questions a visitor might have. Students should share their screen with their poster. Students should be available in their zoom for the duration of their session.
- Be sure to share your ID# (which can be found on the SAC schedule) and the following survey link during your presentation https://mnstate.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eFMAwF72JZIoeSq.
- Prepare your poster using one of the following templates.
Instructions for students with oral presentations:
- Oral presentations will take place in zoom rooms.
- Presentations will be live, not recorded.
- The moderator of the session will create the zoom meeting and forward it to presenters in the session.
- After receiving a zoom link form the moderator, each student will upload this zoom link by April 16 by logging in to my.mnstate.edu/sac.
- You will be presenting as part of a session where there will be other student presenters. The sessions last 80 minutes and start at 9:40am, 12:40pm, and 2:00pm. Each presenter has 12 minutes to present and 5 minutes to answer questions from the audience, except in sessions specially arranged by the instructor in which case the length of a presentation may be different.
- A few minutes before the presentation begins, be sure to join the zoom room and introduce yourself to the session chair.
- Be sure to stay for the length of the session –be there for those who present before you and stay for those who present after you. It is simple courtesy to other presenters.
- You should aid your presentations with slide, be sure to use the following template.