SLHS Careers & Outcomes

Our SLHS graduates most often go on to graduate school to become practicing speech-language pathologists or audiologists. Employment in these fields is growing steadily. By 2020, demand for speech language pathologists and audiologists is expected to increase by 23 percent and 37 percent, respectively.

Speech Language Hearing Sciences College to Career Map

What can I do with a Speech Language Hearing Sciences degree?

If you’re not looking to attend graduate school for speech language pathology or audiology, there are several related careers that will allow you to work where your passion lies, with little or no additional time spent in the classroom.

  • Speech Language Pathology Assistant: You can become an SLP assistant by earning a certificate from Alexandria Technical & Community College after completing your SLHS degree.
  • American Sign Language Interpreter: M State has an ASL interpreting program. A bachelor’s degree is needed to become a certified interpreter.

Where Alumni Work Graduate School

Related Links