Health Services Administration Careers & Outcomes
What can I do with a major in Health Services Administration from MSUM?
Healthcare executives plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the delivery of healthcare. They are either specialists in charge of a specific clinical department or generalists who manage an entire facility or system. As a healthcare administrator you may hold positions that include clinic manager, health planner, foundation director, hospice director, managed care plan manager or nursing home administrator, among many others.
Many of our students pursue their graduate degree immediately after graduation, with many choosing MSUM's programs in Master of Business Administration, Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) or Master of Nursing to further develop skills and experience to be competitive in a variety of professional settings.
What can I do with a Health Services Administration degree?
- Clinical manager
- Medical and health services manager
- Healthcare executive
- Healthcare administrator
- Nursing home administrator
- Health information manager
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American College of Healthcare Administrators
- Medical Group Management Association
- Professional Association of Health Care Office Management
- American Health Information Management Association