Minneapolis Community & Technical College Cinema Studies Certificate Transfer Guide
Transfer to MSUM BA in Film Studies
- College credits applied = 24
- Gen Ed/ LASC goal areas & credits remaining = 27
- Other requirements = 69
MN Transfer Curriculum/Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum (LASC)
Additional Courses in Goal Areas to Equal 42 Credits Total for Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum (LASC)
Minimum credits to complete MnTC/ LASC Goal Areas = 27. Try to take LASC courses that count as upper division courses in more than one goal area.
Students must obtain a grade of C or higher in requirements for majors below.
*Course doesn't count toward fulfillment of the 40 upper division credit requirement.
Requirements remaining to take at MSUM (60 cr including remaining LASC).
- FILM 100 Technical Training: Video Prod (1)
- FILM 101A Practicum (1)
- FILM 172 Video Production (3)
- FILM 281 Film Appreciation (3)
- FILM 281S Studio in Film Appreciation (1)
- FILM 302 Practicum (1)
- FILM 383 Adaptations to Film (4)
- FILM 386 Genre Studies (3) OR
- FILM 387 Director Studies (3) OR
- FILM 388 Topical Studies (3)
- FILM 480 Film Theory & Criticism (3)
- FILM 492A Senior Seminar Project Devel (1)
- FILM 492B Senior Seminar (3)
Restricted Electives: (13 cr)
Choose one course to repeat for credit.
- FILM 386 Genre Studies
- FILM 387 Director Studies
- FILM 388 Topical Studies
Electives: (12 cr)
Students choose from list. At least one must be a FILM course. Consult with your MSUM Advisor.
General Electives (28 cr)
Number of credits must bring the total to 120. Consult with MSUM Advisor for best choices.