Alexandria Technical & Community College Accounting AS Transfer Guide
Transfer to MSUM BS in Accounting
- College credits applied = 60
- Gen Ed/ LASC goal areas & credits remaining = 6
- Other requirements = 55
MN Transfer Curriculum / Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum (LASC)
Additional Courses in Goal Areas to Equal 42 Credits Total for Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum (LASC)
Minimum credits beyond the AS to complete MnTC/ LASC Goal Areas = 6. Try to take LASC courses that count in more than one goal area.
Students must obtain a grade of C- or higher.
*Validation – To earn credit for MGMT 360 students must complete a higher level course in the same rubric with a grade of C or higher or take pass an examination.
** If the equivalent of these MSUM courses weren't taken at ATCC, they must be taken at MSUM to complete the major.
Requirements Remaining to take at MSUM (61 cr)
- ACCT 304 Legal Environment of Business (3)
- BUS 498 Business Policy and Strategy (3) (Take last)
- FINC 340 Financial Management (3)
- MGMT 370 Management Information Systems (3)
- MGMT 380 Operations Management (3)
- MKTG 310 Principles of Marketing (3)
- ACCT 306 Contracts and Business Entities (3)
- ACCT 330 Intermediate Accounting I (3)
- ACCT 331 Intermediate Accounting II (3)
- ACCT 332 Intermediate Accounting II (3)
- ACCT 350 Cost Accounting (3)
- ACCT 375 Accounting Systems (3)
- ACCT 430 Advanced Accounting (3)
- ACCT 441 Introduction to Taxation I (3)
- ACCT 460 Audit I (3)
- CSIS 104A Spreadsheet & Database Applications (1)
- PHIL 312 Business Ethics (3)
- MATH 229 Topics in Calculus (3)
- ENGL 387 Technical Report Writing (3)
Note that the following courses are required if the equivalent wasn’t taken at ATCC or wasn’t validated.
- MATH 234 Intro to Probability & Statistics
- MGMT 360 Principles of Management