The MSUM Speech-Language & Hearing Clinic provides services to individuals of all ages who would like a hearing evaluation, speech/language evaluation or speech/language treatment. Our clinic accepts Medicare, Medicaid and most health insurances. Individual and group sessions are available.
Clinical services include assistance with:
- Auditory processing disorder evaluations
- Developmental or acquired language disorders
- Communication issues post-stroke
- Memory and cognitive issues related to dementia
- Communication issues related to Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Hearing testing
- Transgender voice treatment
- English as a second language
- Swallowing issues
- Assistive technology
- Pre-literacy and literacy issues
- SPEAK OUT! & The LOUD Crowd speech therapy
- And much more
The clinic operations on a semester basis, with approximately 13 weeks of clinical sessions in the fall (late August to early December) and spring (late January through April). Our summer clinic typically lasts seven weeks, from early June to late July. Clients who receive speech-language pathology treatment at MSUM typically come two times per week, but other schedules are available.
Services are provided by graduate students and are supervised by faculty members who possess the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
For more information or to inquire about services, contact the Speech-Language & Hearing Clinic.