Four Year Graduation Guarantee Policy
Custodian of Policy: Registrar
Effective Date: Current
Last Review: Unknown
Next Review: TBD
Minnesota State University Moorhead guarantees that all undergraduate students wishing to graduate in four years will be provided necessary courses as required by the University in the student's selected major field of study. Any required courses needed beyond four years will be provided to the student tuition-free.
The Graduation Guarantee is only effective if the following conditions are met:
- All Fall Semester freshmen wishing to participate in the graduation guarantee program must complete the guarantee application form and officially declare a major before the drop deadline (seventh day) of Fall Semester.
- All participating students must be qualified to begin without remedial courses as determined by the department and the University.
- All participating students must register for classes each semester and have their class schedules approved by their official departmental advisor.
- All participating students must meet any program GPA or grade requirements as stipulated in the Bulletin or schedule of classes.
- All participating students must successfully complete an average course load of 16 credits, or 15 credits for B.A., each semester (32 credits, or 30 credits for B.A./year).
- Participating students selecting a major requiring a minor must choose the minor no later than the end of their first year.
- Any courses failed or repeated will void the guarantee
- Any change in major, options, or mirror will void the guarantee .
- Required internships and research projects are beyond the scope of the guarantee (except for chemistry research).
The following programs offer the graduation guarantee:
Art & Design (B.A. and B.S.)
Biosciences (B.A. in Biology)
Communication Studies (B.A.)
Computer Information Systems
Computer Information Technology
Elementary & Early Childhood Education
Music (B.A. and B.S. in Performance)
Secondary Education/Foundations (Except Life Science and Music)
Theatre Arts (B.A.)