Graduate Grades & Grade Points Policy

Custodian of Policy: Graduate Council

Relevant Minnesota State system Policy:

Effective Date: Fall 2019

Last Review: Fall 2019

Next Review: Fall 2026


Grades given in graduate courses include A, B, C, D, F, P (Satisfactory), and AU. In a continuing research course, a student may be given a grade of “IP” until the course is completed. “W” signifies withdrawal without penalty from the course. Only those credits which were completed with a grade of A, B, C, or P may be applied toward a graduate degree. Graduate programs may designate core courses which must be completed with a grade of A or B in order to count toward the degree.


Existing policy in Graduate Bulletin