Graduate Courses Taken by Undergraduate Students Policy
Custodian of Policy: Graduate Council
Relevant Minnesota State system Policy:
Effective Date: Fall 2020
Last Review: Fall 2020
Next Review: Fall 2027
- Undergraduate students who meet the following requirements may enroll in 500 or 600 level courses for graduate credit:
- Completion of a minimum of 90 semester credits towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Any course prerequisites must be satisfied.
- “Request by Undergraduate to Register for Graduate Credit” form must be signed and approved by the instructor and the Office of Graduate and Extended Learning in advance of registration.
- Graduate credits may be applied to meet requirements for the baccalaureate degree with approval from the graduate program coordinator and undergraduate advisor.
Existing policy in Graduate Bulletin.