STEM Learning Community
You should live in this community if you are majoring in Physics or Physics Education, Math or Math Education, Actuarial Science, Construction Management, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Computer Information Technology. This community will provide you opportunities to connect with faculty, engage in study groups, and be exposed to research options, directly impacting your success and preparing you for a successful career. This community is located in South Snarr.
STEM Learning Community Required Common Courses
- FYE 101: STEM section First Year Experience
- CHEM 150: General Chemistry I (3 credits)
- CHEM 150L: General Chemistry Lab 1 (1 credit)
- MATH 127: College Algebra (3 credits) - if math is needed
All STEM Majors, except Construction Management
- SOC 110: Introduction to Sociology
- CSIS 152: Introduction to Computers and Programming I-a (3 Credits) - only if math requirement is met
Construction Management Majors
- CM 105: Introduction to Construction Management (1 credit)
- COMM 100: Speech Communication (3 credits)
- SUST 200: Nature of Sustainability (3 credits)
As a member of the STEM learning community, you will...
- live with other students who have declared a major within the STEM realm.
- take 2-3 classes with students who live on your floor.
- be able to participate in organized study groups for Learning Community participants.
- have an upper class STEM student as a Dragon Mentor who is dedicated to providing you with various opportunities and academic support.
- learn how to navigate through your years as an STEM student.
- be exposed to career options that you will have with your degree.
- interact with faculty members who are dedicated to helping you achieve excellence in the classroom and beyond.
- have the opportunity to learn more about and join clubs directly related to your major.
- be able to participate in various community service projects that help charities in the local community.
- be exposed to research opportunities with faculty.