Rainbow Dragon Learning Community
You should live in this community if you are interested in exploring your personal identity and looking to help create and support an equitable society. The Rainbow Dragon LC reflects the diverse world in which we live by providing students of any major or class level opportunities to meaningfully discuss gender and sexuality. Students will live in a supportive environment and learn about the connections between diverse LGBT+ identities and social justice with LGBT+ and allied peers, faculty, and staff. This community is located in West Snarr.
Learning Community Required Common Courses
- FYE 101: First Year Experience (1 credit)
- COMM 100: Speech Communication (3 credits)
- BIOL 104: Human Biology (3 credits)
As a member of the learning community, you will...
- Live with other students who are interested in exploring and learning about diverse gender and sexual identities
- Work closely with award winning faculty and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion to participate in events, diversity dialogues, and civic engagement on campus and in the local Fargo-Moorhead community
- Have a Learning Community Mentor dedicated to supporting you, providing you with opportunities to explore your identity, and learning about social justice issues with you and the learning community
- Take classes with students who live on your floor