We are all challenged on a daily basis to stay focused and be hopeful. We can meet these demanding aspects of life by taking steps to create positive mental health. Here are a variety of resources you can use to support your mental health.
- Success Tips for Online College Classes During COVID-19
- How to Deal with Stress in College During COVID-19
- Guide to Understanding College Life
- How to Help Someone with Anxiety or Depression During COVID-19
- How to Support a Loved One Going Through a Tough Time During COVID-19
- How to Care for Yourself While Practicing Physical Distancing
The resources available here are from the MSUM Library. Some are available online and some are physical books you need to check out. In order to access the online version you must log in to the library.
- Dealing with Depression in 12 Step Recovery. O., Jack. Netlibrary, Inc.
- Dealing with Depression: A Commonsense Guide to Mood Disorders. Parker, Gordon; Straton, David.; NetLibrary, Inc.
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress: A Psychosocial Perspective on PTSD and Treatment. Joseph, Stephen, et al. 1997.
- The Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Sourcebook: A Guide to Healing, Recovery and Growth. Schiraldi, Glenn R. 2000.
- The Eating Disorder Sourcebook: A Compehensive Guide to the Causes, Treatments and Prevention of Eating Disorders. Costin, Carolyn. NetLibrary, Inc. 1999.
- The Anxiety Cure: An Eight-Step Program for Getting Well. Dupont, Robert L., et al. 2003.
- Understanding Depression: What We Know and What You Can Do About It. DePaulo, J. R., Horvitz, Leslie A. 2002.
Available at the MSUM Library
- A Primer on Mental Disorders: A Guide for Educators, Families and Students. Allen, Thomas E. 2001.
Available at Livingston Lord Library, 4th Floor RC 454 .P684 2001
- Once a Warrior, Always a Warrior: Navigating the Transition from Combat to Home – Including Combat Stress, PTSD, and mTBI. Hoge, Charles W. 2010.
Available at Livingston Lord Library 4th Floor RC 550 .H64 2010
- The Food Addiction Recovery Workbook: How to Manage Cravings, Reduce Stress, and Stop Hating Your Body. Ross, Carolyn Coker. 2017
Available at Livingston Lord Library 4th Floor RC 552 .E18 R676 2017
- Life After Loss: A Personal Guide Dealing with Death, Divorce, Job Change, and Relocation. Deits, Bob. 2000.
Available at Livingston Lord Library 3rd Floor BF 575 .D35 D45 2000
- The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook. Bourne, Edmund J. 2010.
Available at Livingston Lord Library 4th Floor RC 531 .B67 2010
- The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Anxiety: A Step-by-Step Program. Knaus, William J. 2008.
Available at Livingston Lord Library 4th Floor RC 531 .K63 2008
- Drink: The Intimate Relationship Between Women and Alcohol. Johnston, Ann Dowsett. 2013
Available at Livingston Lord Library 3rd Floor HV 5137 .J645 2013
- Getting Wasted: Why College Students Drink Too Much and Party So Hard. VanderVen, Thomas. 2011.
Available at Livingston Lord Library 3rd Floor HV 5135 .V36 2011
- Substance Abuse and Emotion. Kassel, Jon D. 2010.
Available at Livingston Lord Library 4th Floor RC 564 .S8265 2010