Transfer of Credit Appeal Process
MSU Moorhead’s credit transfer policies depend on the type of institution previously attended or program in which students are enrolled. All credits earned at any regionally accredited college or university will be reviewed for application towards the selected degree program. MSU Moorhead reserves the right to determine whether previous course work provides a suitable base for advanced study. All students have the right to appeal credit transfer decisions.
Your academic rights as a transfer student:
- A clear, understandable statement of an institution's transfer policy.
- A fair credit review and an explanation of why credits were or were not accepted.
- A copy of the formal appeals process.
Process for appealing the evaluation of transfer credits:
- Complete a transfer evaluation appeal form. You may also include supplemental information such as a course syllabus, course description, or reading list.
- A department or committee will review the appeal.
- You will receive, in writing, the outcome of the appeal.
- If your appeal is denied, you may appeal to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- At your request, a review of your eligibility for financial aid or scholarships.