University Writing Support Center
Please use one of the methods below to contact the MSUM University Writing Support Center or to request information.
University Writing Support Center Director
Patrick Carriere, PhD, MA, BA, BS, AA
School of Performing Arts
Send Email | Phone: 218.477.4616
Thank you for submitting your email.
University Writing Support Center Consultants
- Kaylee Drew:
- Heyo! I’m Kaylee Drew (she/her). I’m majoring in English: Creative writing. I’m a huge nerd and obsessed with everything DC and Marvel. I could ramble on about superheroes and comics all day long. I’m especially skilled when it comes to works of fiction or creative nonfiction, but I can help you with essays, papers, or anything you need!
- Kate Duenow:
- Hi there! My name is Kate and I go by she/her pronouns. I am going on my third year as a psychology major and sociology minor. My biggest strengths for writing revolve around structuring arguments and adding descriptive imagery. I know writing can be a very daunting task for many, which is why I am more than happy to help with any concerns with your writing and to help you boost your confidence in yourself as a writer. My favorite activities to do in my free time include writing songs, baking, and watching New Girl, Psych, or House.
- D. Elstad, Head Tutor:
- Hi, my name is D.! I'm currently a junior who is studying English with a writing emphasis and is minoring in Film Production. I'm very passionate about literature and film, despite having my own grievances with the current direction each of these mediums have been going the past decade. While educated on formal English practices, my personal work excels when it comes to subjects that are heavily influenced by humor and satire. I care very deeply about writing and literature, and I hope to share that love wherever it may be needed.
- Ruth Langford:
- Hello! My name is Ruth Langford, and I am majoring in Communication Arts and Literature Education here at MSUM. I am hoping to be an English teacher so helping you with your paper is an extremely valuable experience for me! I enjoy many kinds of literature and writing but creative writing, science fiction, and poetry are some of my favorites. In my free time I love to read, hang out with friends, volunteer, travel, and go hiking. I love coffee, and I work as a barista part time. If you need some assistance with any part of your essay, I would love to help!
- Noah Severud:
- Hi! My name is Noah Severud, and my pronouns are he/him. My major is Communication Arts and Literature Education, and I’m excited for this opportunity to get more experience with helping other students! My biggest strength that I believe I bring to the table is helping essays have a nicer flow, but I’m excited to help you with any aspect of your papers and/or any questions you may have! Some of my hobbies are listening to and playing music, watching movies and reading books. I’m a big Harry Potter nerd, and if you are too please do not hesitate to talk to me about it. Percy Jackson is way up there for me as well though, so once again, please visit with me about it. I’d love to help you out with anything you may need for your papers!