Bismarck State College Social Work AA Transfer Guide
Transfer to MSUM Social Work BSW
- College credits applied = 60
- Gen Ed/ LASC goal areas & credits remaining = 0
- Remaining requirements = 60
Use This transfer guide for recommendations and MSUM equivalencies
General Education Transfer Curriculum / Liberal Arts and Sciences (LASC) Curriculum Complete
A student who completes the GERTA requirements at NDSCS is considered to have fulfilled the gen ed or LASC requirements.
Recommended: BIOL 126/126L Human Biology/ Lab (4 cr)
BIOL 104 Human Biology*
*If the equivalent course isn't taken at BSC, these courses will need to be taken at MSUM in order to complete the major.
Requirements Remaining to take at MSUM (60 cr)
- SW 250 Intro to Social Welfare & Social Work (3)
- SW 330 Human Behavior & the Social Environment (3)
- SW 400 Research Methods in Social Work (3)
- SW 420 Generalist Practice: Individuals (3)
- SW 435 Generalist Practice: Families & Groups (3)
- SW 450 Generalist Practice: Communities & Organizations (3)
- SW 460 Social Policy & Policy Practice (3) (WI)
- SW 468 Orientation to Internship (1)
- SW 469 Internship (12)
- SW 470 or SW 492 Senior Seminar (3)
- PARA 470 Government Benefits (3)
- SOC 350 Methods & Statistics for Social Research (4)
Restricted Electives (3 – 4 cr):
(Consult your MSUM advisor for best options).
Electives (12 – 13 cr)
The number of elective credits must bring the total for the degree to 120.