RN to BSN Accreditation
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at Minnesota State University Moorhead are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
MSUM Undergraduate Nursing Core Values Statement
Undergraduate nursing is dedicated to achieving our mission and vision in a manner consistent with our values of:
- Pursuit of Excellence
- Innovation, Leadership, Scholarship
- Partnership, Communication
- Accountability, Integrity
- Mutual Respect, Collegiality, Compassion
- Equity, Inclusiveness, Person-Centered
- Holistic Well-being
- Balance, Self-care, Resilience
MSUM Undergraduate Nursing Vision
MSUM’s undergraduate nursing programs prepare professional nurses to engage in holistic health promotion and well-being while leading complex and innovative care in an ever-changing healthcare environment.
MSUM Undergraduate Nursing Mission
The MSUM undergraduate baccalaureate nursing programs are committed to preparing professional nurses for lifelong learning, holistic care delivery, and leadership to advance the wellbeing of the global community.
MSUM Nursing Philosophy
The Minnesota State University Moorhead (MSUM) nursing programs utilize evidence-based, holistic care concepts to help persons set goals for optimal wellbeing of body-mind-spirit, with high regard for diversity. We believe that this whole health approach serves as a catalyst for relationship-based, person- centered nursing and education.
- Nurses holistically care for the person, which includes individuals, families, societal groups, communities, and populations. Each person is unique and multidimensional, interacting with self and the environment in dynamic relationships. Nursing supports each person in pursuit of his or her desired state of health and overall wellbeing.
- Health is an ever-evolving state encompassing physical, mental, social, and/or spiritual wellbeing and functioning across the continuum of life. As nurses, we strive to assist clients to achieve a higher level of health that is consistent with their belief & value system. In addition, the pursuit of wellbeing is the right and responsibility of each person and is to be respected and supported.
- The environment encompasses the internal and external circumstances and surroundings of the person. These include real and perceived physiological, psychological, cultural, spiritual, economic, social, and technological influences. We believe that the person is in constant interaction with the environment and that nurses are a vital part of this environment.
- The profession of nursing is both an art and a science, which serves to protect, promote, and optimize health and ability, prevent illness and injury, facilitate healing, and alleviate suffering (American Nurses Association, 2017).
MSUM nursing faculty and students synergistically provide an innovative curriculum ensuring "real world" experiences to challenge adult learners. Students expand their knowledge through individual and interprofessional collaborative experiences with progressive use of advanced teaching methodologies. Our embraced teaching/learning process fosters intellectual and personal growth, stimulates inquiry, critical thinking, and synthesis of knowledge, and helps the individual value and pursue life-long learning. We advocate for professional career and degree advancement tailored to the unique needs of each person. We connect with students as colleagues and assume the role of facilitator of learning. We foster relationships that are caring, nurturing, guiding, and supportive while maintaining high expectations, applying evidence-based concepts, ensuring quality education, and upholding integrity. We believe that students excel when they feel cared about and accepted in an environment that fosters respect, trust, autonomy, and embraces diverse ways of being, knowing, and learning.