Film Production Scholarships
MSUM offers a variety of Film Production scholarships for current and incoming students. Scholarships are listed below. Students can apply for university scholarships through the online scholarship application October 1-February 1.
The School of Media Arts & Design has a generous scholarship program. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 and outstanding achievement in academics, artistic/creative activities, or department service are required to be eligible for the scholarships to Animation, Film Production, Film Studies, and Graphic and Interactive Design.
- You will declare a major in the School of Media Arts & Design (Animation, Film Production, Film Studies, Graphic Communications and Graphic Design). You will actively participate in departmental co-curricular activities.
- You will actively participate in departmental co-curricular activities.
- You must be enrolled in the School of Media Arts & Design
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- You should be involved in department activities
- Must be enrolled in the School of Media Arts & Design
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Should be involved in department activities
Attach an essay on the following questions:
- What do you feel qualifies you for this scholarship?
- List and describe departmental, university, and community activities; achievements and awards.
- How would this scholarship help you attain your goals, and what impact would these goals have on the department?
- Samples of Work: Please submit three samples of your work. Please include the title of the work, the class it was created in, and the semester it was created.
- Graphical work should be provided in "one pdf file."
- Video or animation should be provided in a "list of links" to work hosted on YouTube or Vimeo.
Incoming freshman who will declare a major in the School of Media Arts & Design (Animation, Film Production, Film Studies, Graphic Communications and Graphic Design). You will actively participate in departmental co-curricular activities.
Attach two signed letters of recommendation from your teacher/director or another individual qualified to speak of your strengths in the Media Arts and Design programs.
List your experiences in any of these areas: Animation, Film Production, Film Studies, Graphic & Interactive Design, and other viusal and performing arts (theatre, speech, dance, music and creative writing, photography, drawing ,etc.).
Describe your interest in the School of Media Arts and Design at Minnesota State University Moorhead.
The Tom and Adrienne Bahr Endowed Scholarship will be awarded to students majoring in a humanities field and enrolled full-time. The scholarship award will be half to full tuition for one academic year with the possibility of renewal for up to four years (the scholarship amount will depend on the recipient’s residency status).
Students who are eligible for this scholarship will be invited to the Scholarship Interview Day held annually in February on campus.
Eligibility requires a declared major in a humanities field and remains so for the duration of the scholarship. MSUM Humanities majors include:
- English, History, Social Studies with a History Emphasis, Social Studies with an Anthropology Emphasis, Women’s & Gender Studies, Art History, Film Studies, Anthropology
- While preference will be given to students pursuing a Humanities based degree, other degrees may be given consideration, provided they align with the spirit of the Tom and Adrienne Bahr strategic objectives for the Humanities.